Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's a...

Drumroll please...
Dad cutting the cake...

oh yeah lots of pink!!
I was so worried that we weren't going to find out if we were having a boy or girl. She had her knees bent and her feet pulled up in the way for about the first 30 min. of the ultrasound and finally she stretched them out a little bit but we still couldn't be sure. So I had to roll over on my side where they could get a different angle and THANKFULLY we could see right in between her legs. The lady typed Girl up on the screen and like the jocks we are, me and Jason high fived (we are so not cool)! Of course, I said I knew it all along! She was in a position that they couldn't get a few of her measurements so I have to have another ultrasound so that they can get everything. But right now everything looks great. She weighs 12oz.!
My mom and Granny are in Florida so they were the first to know with a big bouquet of flowers and a card that read: Dear Meme, I'll see ya in October! Love, Your Grandaughter Then Casey got her flowers in Chattanooga with a similar card. We had 2 cakes made as you can see from above. One went to Jason's parents and one went to my Dad. Everyone was excited. My mom was crying so much that she couldn't talk and had to hand the phone to Granny who was also crying. I saw a tear in Meemaw's eyes, too. When we cut the cake at Dad's, Meemaw, Melissa, and Jordan were there and Tracy, Brandon, and two of their kids came over. Although Hudson wanted a little brother he was happy when we told him he was getting a little sister.
I'm excited about going shopping for a little girl! Never thought the words "I'm excited to go shopping" would come from my mouth! But pink is my favorite color!
The cake is AWESOME! If you live around here and want one of the best cakes you've ever eaten, e-mail me for the number of the lady who made these. Very tasty and great price!



7 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats! Love the cake thing. What a cool way of telling people.

Louise said...

Congratulations: Perfect family for a perfect couple. What a joy and help he will be with his sister. So happy for you and your family.
Louise

Jon and Janice said...

The flowers and the cakes were a great way to make the announcement. I can't wait to share the news with Jon. And oh yes, pink is fun to buy.

Melissa said...

Congrats! A girl. SO cool. But i bet she gets intot he mud and tractors too!
Melissa

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Oh Lindsey, I couldn't be happier for you! Hudson is going to be an awesome big brother. Little girls are so much fun, but IMHO they are VERY different from boys! Have fun shopping ;0)

Mayme said...

Congrats!!!

Maria said...

Cute, cute ideas for letting people know!! How exciting for you guys -- one of each is great. I love my boy, but girls are so fun too. WARNING: your life is about to be taken over by .... accessories. Every outfit needs shoes, hairbows, bracelets, blah, blah, blah. I swim in hairbows!! :-) I'm so happy for you guys!!