So, no pictures today and a long post. I haven't done a very good job posting lately because I've been so tired. Want to know why I've been so tired? Hudson would tell you, "Mommy has a baby in Mommy's tummy!" And, he's right. What we never thought would happen has happened. I'm 8 weeks, due Oct. 21st.
I have to be honest in the fact that I'm struggling quite a bit with this. I say this not to get lectures from people, but rather prayers. Three of the things I love dearly I'm struggling to do. One is play with Hudson. I'm used to having an endless supply of energy and chasing him all over. Now not only am I exhausted but I am nauseous 24/7. I also haven't been able to work out because I feel sick all the time. I've gained a little over 5 lbs. and I think it's because I haven't been running or on the elliptical. And of course I love what I do for a living but if I don't eat right before I ride then I feel awful so I'm trying to be really careful and eat when I should because I already have a hard time knowing that I'm going to have to stop riding for a little while, I don't want to have to give it up early because I'm so sick to my stomach all the time. On top of all of this, I am emotional and have been negative which both are totally out of character for me. So I'm not handling being pregnant very well. I went from tough girl to whiny sissy and it stinks!!
We had already started out second adoption and just hadn't shared it yet but that has to be put on hold until at least a year after the baby is born. I was so pumped about this. I had never visioned my family being built any other way than adoption and quite frankly this scares me more than adopting. I love the thought of adoption, still do, and still plan on adopting another child.
On the more positive side, Jason has been amazing. Since smells tear me up, he has cleaned the kitchen several nights. He cleans Hudson's potty every day. While Hudson and I were napping this past Sunday he swept the kitchen and cleaned the backporch (yes, Jason Carney did this:)! He and Dad have been feeding horses for me in the morning since mornings are the worse. And I don't even have to ask him to do much, that's the best part. I think it scares him a little to see me like this. Seems to bother Dad, too. He's called and checked on my several days (yes, Wesley Attebery did this:)!
Hudson so far seems to like the fact there is a baby in my tummy. He likes to "tickle the baby". Here's a cute story that I'll remind him of when he hits those teen years: I was holding him the other night and asked was he going to help me with the baby (he loves to help with anything), and he very excitedly said, "YES!" Then he said, "I love you, Mom. You're my best friend!" Talk about a heart melting, mine did. Sweetest thing ever!
We go for an ultrasound this Friday. Keep us in your prayers!
5 comments:
Wow! That IS big news! Congratulations to you all! Thanks so much for sharing!
Wow! Congrats on your big news. I am sure it will be a lot to handle for awhile. And I give you permission to be a bit whiny. I hate to be sick and nauseous is the worst! Congrats!
Melissa
Wow, Wow, Wow! Congratulations and try to take it easy on yourself (emotionally and physically). It's God the greatest and has an amazing sense of humor:)
INCREDIBLE!!! That's great news -- except the nauseous part. YUK to that. I'm so happy for you. It's such a wonderful experience that you will cherish. Having done it both ways I am thankful that God allowed both!! Hugs!!
Oh my goodness, how exciting is this. The first line in this post put tears in my eyes. I am so excited for all of you. I can't wait for Jon to wake up so I can tell him. Maybe I'll have to go wake him up. Love to you all, Janice
Post a Comment