So, I'm really slacking on the blogging but I think I have good excuses! I'm trying to get geared back up for lessons to start next week. This weather has made feeding take up so much more time. I'm ready for the mud to dry up, it'll make riding 4-5 horses a day so much easier.
Hudson is pretty much potty trained FINALLY! He hadn't made much progress since Russia until we finally buckled down. He always knew what to do on the potty but wouldn't tell us if he had to go or not. So as long as we got him to the potty then it was okay but I knew he knew when he had to go since he just wouldn't say anything. So, like everything else I do, we went all out. We did the Dr. Phil, potty party and a stuffed animal that pretended to use the potty. We did the no underwear or pants for the first few days since he didn't care if he used it on himself or not this was the method suggested for children who use it on themselves without a diaper and don't mind at all. We also rewarded with candy. As a lot of you know, we're weird and don't give him candy and don't keep it in our home, so when he could have a sucker he just thought it was wonderful.
He is also falling asleep on his own in his bed, most of the time. Sometimes he still asks to go to sleep on me and of course, that's okay with me. The first night he fell asleep on his own in his bed, I was a bigger wreck than he was. Jason said, "We don't want him falling asleep on you when he'd 10, do we?" My response, "YES we do and don't even mention 10, I'm struggling with 2 1/2 right now." He's growing up so fast!
I've got to get back in the picture mode, I haven't taken any in a while so I'll try and do more of that since it motivates me to post more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment