


We enjoyed New Year's Eve going out to eat with the Bailey's. Of course Hudson had a blast because his girl, Jordin, was there! Afterwards Jason headed to the youth lock in at church and me and Casey picked up 30 pizzas for it. Hudson was asleep by 11:45 and I brought the New Year's in by pausing the movie I was watching to watch the ball drop and then going back to the movie. This is the first year in 8 years that Jason and I weren't together for New Year's but I'm sure he didn't have a dull night with 35 teenagers! He got home after 7:00 this morning and has been sleeping since! What a wonderful year 2009 was for us as it was our first year as parents. It wasn't always easy but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm looking forward to 2010. We have a lot ahead of us. Jason starts back to school in a few weeks and is taking 15 hours. I am riding horses daily but won't be back to lessons until March so I'm working hard to write a Bible study for our Wed. night group on women of the Bible. We also have several big things we are praying about and I can't wait to see what God has in mind for our family! As far as resolutions, I want to be in God's word more, just saturate my mind with it! Jason is going to read the Bible through in a year and he wants to start working out. He's got a jump start on both of them. He's in Exodus right now and he's worked out with me several nights for the past few weeks. I laughes so hard at him because he thought pilates would be easy until about 2 minutes into it! You know you have a good man when he does a pilates workout with you!
Hudson's vocabulary has really grown just in the past few weeks. He has something new to say everyday and puts his thoughts together in several sentences. He is also doing well learning what his numbers look like. I need to work on this more, he absorbs stuff so quickly.
This is too cute...earlier this week I took him to hang out with Aunt Casey while I was feeding since it was so cold out and Casey was sitting at the kitchen table working on something when Meme asked her a questions. Casey said, "Uuummmm yeah," as the answer. Hudson then told Aunt Casey, "No, no Aunt Casey, you say yes ma'am!"
1 comment:
Last night as I put my head on my pollow I thought to myself: the kids have now been home one whole year with Hudson. You have all grown and learned so much. Oh happy days. Love to all, The Martins
Post a Comment