Tuesday night we got out the playdough that Grandad and Grandmom got him for Christmas. It's been years since I've played with it so needless to say we both had a blast! It actually kept him still for longer than a few minutes. He is constantly moving and on the go and doesn't sit down for long at all, I'm pretty sure he gets it from being with me all day. Even if I do sit down, my toes tapping! I realized how much energy and movement he has when we spent this past weekend with Ryan, Mandy, and Isaac in Arkansas. Isaac would sit quietly and play, IF Hudson plopped down beside him it would not even last a minute and then he'd be off again. Does that remind any of you of the Head side of the family?
Hoss came in the other day at lunch and was so proud of his latest purchase at co-op! He told Hudson they would look just alike in their carhart coveralls and he was sure they'd fit him next year. So I held them up and said, "Seriously, dad, you think these are going to fit him next year?" To which he replied, "Why yeah, they're size mediums, 6/7!" We managed to go back and forth about this for a few minutes until he said, we'll just put them on him. Great idea, Dad! So when he slid his legs in them and realized they were HUGE, he said, "We'll get Granny to hymn these up and they'll be perfect next year." I kept my mouth shut until he then worked his way up to the bib and when he was trying to latch it you couldn't see Hudson's face they were so big! I couldn't help it anymore, "Yeah dad, they'll fit him next winter, if he grows another foot and gains 15 lbs.!" It was entertaining to say the least. Now you all see where I get my bullheadedness from, he just had to see for himself they wouldn't fit! 
I mentioned above we were in AR for a few days. We had a blast just relaxing and hanging out with 3 people that we miss SO much! One of the best parts was Hudson and Isaac playing together. Hudson really enjoyed himself and thinks Isaac is so cool, which of course, he is! This picture sums the two of them up well, Hudson is reading a tractor book and Isaac is reading a train book :) I wish we didn't live so far apart, I know our boys would be great friends just like us. I guess they may have to wait until the both go to the Bible College together ;) Mandy and I have their futures all planned out! HA!
Aunt Casey and Uncle Will were home a few weekends ago and she and Hudson had fun playing in his big boy bed. He loves being able to crawl in and out of it on his own. When he wakes up the morning he yells, "Hey Mommy!" That's his signal for, can I get out of bed?
Jason had the stomach virus that is going around. He didn't go to class Tuesday morning but felt better by the afternoon and went to his night class, which is good because there is so much work in that class and it's 4 hours long, it would have been a lot to miss out on. He's feeling much better today, thankfully. And so far Hudson nor I have gotten it and we're hoping it stays that way. We have jumped head first into potty training. And for the day and a half we've been doing it, he's done great. We realized he had made no progress since we brought him home from Russia. He wold sit on the pot and go but never tell you when he had to go. When I had him in big boy underwear before the only reason he wasn't having accidents is because I took him to the potty constantly. So needless to say, he went back into diapers. But now I've combined 3 potty training methods into one and so far it's working, I hope it continues to! I'll have to post about them in another post!
We have to wish Aunt Jeanna a Happy Birthday, she's turning 22 today ;) We hope you have a wonderful day and we can't wait to go eat some Red Lobster to celebrate yours and Grandmom's birthday (Gmom's is coming up)! You're my favorite sister-in-law and Jason's favorite sister, so that's saying a lot!! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment