Sunday, August 3, 2008

We still haven't heard when we are to be over there, but I'm hoping we hear something very soon. The Russian coordinator, Judy (who I've never met but I lover her, she always responds to our questions quickly!), was on vacation last week. So I'm hoping she gets to work tomorrow and checks her e-mail and there is one telling us when we need to be over there. We are packed and ready! Two suitcases are to go to the orphanage and then we have a small bag for our clothes.

We went today and registered at Target and Wal-Mart. It was so much fun!! Although Wal-mart didn't have the selection that I thought they would. Target has some really cute things. I hope to get his measurements soon so that we know what size he is. I bought a 12 month and 18 month outfit to take over to see what size he fits, I'm thinking it will be 18 months he looks big!

Major Praise item...We are going to be staying with a host family who are from the US and work at the Embassy in Moscow. This is so great, it is saving us around $1200 (cost per night for hotel in Moscow is around $350 per night). Moscow is the most expensive city in the world to stay in. What great people they must be, I cannot wait to meet them!

God is so good and Jason and I want to give Him all the glory and praise for this journey. His love endures forever! We are honored to be able to adopt and are so thankful for this gift from God, our little boy! What a privilage to be a parent. Thank you so much Lord! I cannot wait to see Hudson get excited when I tell him that Daddy is almost home, hear him say his first words, see his chubby little cheeks light up when he giggles, and make countless memories. It is true that once you see their face the days seem to take forever, I want to hold him in my arms NOW!

Hudson turns 1 year old this Thursday, August 7th. I looked at my planner to see what I was doing the day he was born, looks like it was a normal day of teaching lessons and riding horses.

No comments: