Thursday, July 24, 2008

DVD

This morning Jason and I met with our social worker to see a dvd of Hudson. We watched it a few times. It is short, but great!! He starts in a walker, then he stands holding one of the care givers hands. He takes one step, he seems to really like to stand up. He is very attentive and there must be quite a few people behind the camera because he is looking around and when they say his name he is responsive. He also gets startled by a toy they quickly sat beside him, which our sw said was a good thing. He stands holding himself up and he leans on the side of the crib. She said she thinks he has spent a lot of time in the walker because of the way he leans on things. He grunts and makes noises in the video. We could hear them say his name which is spelled Makhmud but pronounced Mockmood. We are very pleased with where he seems to be. Our social worker said he seems to be only a few months behind and then I reminded her the video was taken when he was 10 months old. She recommends that we treat him like he's 6-9 months for the attachment. We should rock him to sleep, hold him and feed him where we hold the sippy cup for him. We should hold off on teaching him independent skills and let him really rely on us and attach to us. We love this idea. I cannot wait to rock him to sleep and hold him all the time, although he looks like a heavy little thing!! The orphanage seems clean and nicer than what I would have thought. You can see colorful toys in the background and the cribs are in nice shape.

Hopefully we will know when we are traveling by next week.

Thank you all for all of your prayers, support, and encouragement!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled for the two of you. Hudson is so cute, and even favors Jason with the dark eyes and hair. He will look great in the john deere green..can't wait for aunt Donna to get a chance to babysit

congrulations from the bottom of my heart

Anonymous said...

Congradulations! I'm so happy for you. He is absolutely amazing. With his dark hair and eyes he could pass for a little Albanian guy. I just got back last night from over there. Do you want me to send you the stuff you left on the 2nd floor? I don't think you will be using it over there.
We are rejoicing with you.