Over the past week we have been learning more about the Russia program. With the Albania program I had almost 2 years to learn about it and asked many many questions. With Russia, we've only been in it for almost 4 weeks so I haven't had a lot of time to do research and ask a lot of questions. They are still saying for us to plan on traveling in August. The rest of our paperwork is being mailed to Russia tomorrow. If would have been mailed off at the beginning of the week but they sent it back for us to re-do some papers. Our sw, Chris (who is awesome), said for us to expect our official referral in about 2 weeks. I cannot wait for it because I want to see his face and learn everything I can about him.
Some random things we have learned...our first trip to Russia will be for 10 days. We will not get to see our son for the first 7 days. We will have to request permission to get into the orphanage and it has a 7 day wait. So we will get to spend 3 days with him, about 4 hours a day (hopefully more)! We will go to court on our second trip which is usually 2 or 3 months after we make our first trip. Moscow is very expensive, the hotels are no less than $220 per night, not good for my tight wad budget! There are over 30 orphanages in Moscow. We are one of the first 6 couples to go through the Moscow program with Bethany. There are no other families I can call and talk to about this because no one has experienced this program before, that part is no fun for me because I plan everything and it's rough not knowing too much. But it's also a great way for me to let go and let God! He's in control and that's better than anything I could ask for!
Our family is so excited, my sister already has almost all of the details of the baby shower planned. My mom and I were both asking my dad to build us a toy box, she's going to put it in the living room and fill it full of toys. She has also decided she is Mamaw and my dad is Papaw. Jason's parents are Grandmom and Granddad, Hudson will be their 3rd grandchild. We will insist that my sister's boyfriend Will is called Uncle Wilma, Wilmington, Willard, Willamina, etc. (J/j, we love you Willie Wonka)! Jason is my favorite to watch, he gets more excited every day. I'm usually the one doing all of the talking (imagine that) but tonight I watched him raise his hand at church and tell the entire congregation about our news! This is so much fun, keep praying for us, we're just beginning!
No comments:
Post a Comment