Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday...


Heath holding Dad's hand!
We are officially old and getting so close to 30!!  Jason turned 28 yesterday!  We haven't done anything special.  Yesterday the only time I left the kitchen from preparing 30 chicken breasts and 10 lbs. of beef for tacos at church (we had a fundraiser for youth camp and raised over $480!!!), was to work.  He worked all day as well.  So tomorrw we are having what we are calling family day!  We sat down this week with our calendars and scheduled a few of them over the next few months.  Is that sad when you have to get your calendars out and schedule time together?  Oh well, I'm excited!  Excited to watch a movie, work in the garden, play, play, and play some more, and if we can get the grill out from behind the yard sale stuff then eat some good food!  Who knows, I might even take a nap!!  Or just read my book! 
Then we are off for a really busy weekend that will sprinkled with lots of fun and we are looking forward to Memorial Day afternoon with some cool folks!  Hope you all have a great weekend.

I also want to say I have been so encouraged by some of you after my last post.  The next morning I woke up to the same devotional from two of you.  I thought, God must really want me to read this one!  I also had a student today who offered to pray with me!  Thank you guys so so much!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I like the idea of scheduling the family days. Seems like too often we just get busy with all of the places to be and things to do.

Oh and I wonder who those cool folks could be you are hanging out with on Memorial Day?! :)