This is my new favorite picture of him, there's nothing like a little left over lunch around the mouth, a piece of trident, and pure joy!

One minute these two were feeding cows and the next minute Hoss had a feeder hooked up to the four wheeler, these two are a perfect match, huh?
Do you notice how their sun glasses match? Those are the ones Hoss special ordered for Hudson! Why didn't I get spoiled like that when I was little!?
He was working just like his daddy the other day, they were putting furniture together in the garage! I love the tongue hanging out in the pic below, he was in deep concentration and had no idea I was taking pics of him.
Yep, my goofy little man, who I love to pieces and is the reason behind this post. This has been on my heart for some time now and I just haven't had the time to sit down and write it, but I hope you have the time to sit and read it...I have the joy of hearing his giggles every day and drying his tears, and getting asked to "hold me" and "mom, play with me". He has an endless amount of energy and LOVES to be outside. He adores his daddy, and thinks it's hilarious when he gets his sister to laugh at him. He's precious and I just can't imagine mine and Jason's life without him. I also can't imagine my Daddy's life without him, they just make each others day. Every morning he asks me when he gets to see Hoss. I love watching him crawl up in the same lap I have time and time again, my Meemaw, he just lights her up. He and Casey squeal every time they see each other (well, Casey sqeals, but he is just as happy). He thinks playing blocks with Grandmom is too much fun. Before he made his debut as Hudson Carney, what did we all do with ourselves?
I hate to go there in my mind, but I need to for this post, what would have happened had we not listened for God's voice and perfect timing in our adoption? Would my Mr. Personality just be a number in orphanage #20. Would he still be eating the same meals day after day and spend all day in a room full of other kids and no one to hold him and tell him how much they love him. I think I heard my heart just break. I don't even want to think about it anymore, but you get the point. And there are MILLIONS of orphans in the world. My question for you is, what are you doing? Has God spoken to you about adopting? Oh if He has, I pray your ears will be open to hear Him clearly and that you'll jump into your journey, never looking back. And He may not be calling you to adopt, even so, there's still so much you can do. The #1 reason people are scared of adoption is the money. It is scary when you look at those #'s and think, how will we ever afford this? I can testify and so can many others I know, about how God provided every single penny. We never borrowed a dime for Hudson's adoption (which was close to $50,000). We watched God send money our way, always right when we needed it. One night we prayed, how are we going to come up with the money we needed to accept his referral, we needed almost $10,000 and Russia was $20,000 more expensive than the program we had originally been in, so we were short on what we had raised. We didn't tell anyone we needed more money and within the next 24 hours I was handed checks for $4,300. Why? Because God laid us on two peoples hearts! AWESOME! But what about the people who gave $25, $10, $50, $100, just as AWESOME! It was friends, family, church, coming together and being giving, that's how God provided for us to be able to get our little man home. I'm sitting here shaking my head in awe as I think back to how it all worked out, if you are reading this and you gave to our adoption, let me just say again, THANK YOU from the very bottom of my heart, thank you for your heart and for being a way that God helped us become parents.
So back to "what are you doing"? Let me be blunt, have you helped bring an orphan into their forever family lately? Can you afford to give a little to a family that is stepping out in faith and believing God to bring them to their child? What a special thing for you to be able to do! I believe God can multiply your $10 or however much and help a family more than you will ever know. Maybe you don't know someone who is adopting right now, well guess what, I do! So you can e-mail me at lindsey@treasure2farm.com and I can get you their info. You can make a difference in not just a child's life, but in a husband and a wife, in a grandparent and great grandmother's life, in an aunt's life, and I could go on and on. You could have a part in a child going from hours on end in an empty crib to a home where they can run down the hallways with a milk mustache, and crawl into their mama's lap to hear her read the book that they've read dozens of times, and hear that they are loved and you are never going to leave them. It may cost you a night of going out to eat, but to us (by us I mean parents of adopted children), it's priceless!
If you've read all this post, thank you, and thank you for how you are going to bless someone!
4 comments:
You are truly blessed.. I am also a granny to a little boy adopted from Russia and I thank God everyday for the grandson I can't imagine not being in my life. Yes money is tight for my daughter but they get by... We are truly blessed.
Great post Lindsey. I try not to think about where Emma would be if God had not brought her in to our lives, but it's always there in the back of my mind.
Special order sunglasses! For real!
Nice post! Love the pics. He is just adorable. There is nothing like watching my parents play with Colby. They certainly are different than they were with me.
When we adopted Colby, Mike and I never thought of asking for help. We did get a loan. I so wish that the money wasn't an issue because I would love to say we were the ones adopting again. I'd adopt them all, but especially a little girl. Maybe one day.
Melissa
What an inspiring post Lindsey! You put into words what I feel when I look at Liza and think the same things you were talking about. I'm glad to hear you are doing well! What a beautiful family you have!
Post a Comment