



Can you tell these two adore each other? I'm so thankful for them, always am, but this past week made me even more. I took Hollynn to get her immunizations on Wednesday and Hudson to get his ears checked to be sure the fluid was gone, which it was. By that afternoon Hollynn's face broke out in a rash and I called the after hours line and they told me not to worry about it. She was also cranky but at times unconsolible, I put it off on a regular reaction to the shots. I gave her some tylenol for her low fever and went on about my work and plans for church. Then she started straining really hard and I thought, what in the world did I eat to make her tummy hurt? So then I thought I had eaten something even though I had no clue what it was, surely I had given her diarrhea and caused the straining. It came and went that night and she went to sleep like normal. In the night I woke up and she was straining in her sleep so I picked her up and rocked her until she fell back into a deeper sleep. The next morning she was not hungry and so tired and from 9:30-12:30 I had changed 9 poopie diapers and now there was starting to be blood in them. I called the dr., they asked had she thrown up along with this? No. So she was going to talk to the dr. and call me back. As soon as I hung up the phone she threw up everywhere. So I called them right back and they had me bring her right in. There she had 2 more diapers with mucus/blood and by that point that's all it was. They sent us to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital E.R. When we got there they were ready for us and ran several tests, xrays, and an ultrasound. They were thinking she was having intussusception (where her intestines were telescoping inside themselves). The tests came back okay and they said it must have reversed on its own. She had been so lethargic it was scary and they had given her an iv, after that she perked up just a little. They sent us home with a list of "if this happens...come back". Well, we got home I put her in the bath and then fed her and she threw up everywhere again then went back lethargic. I immediately called and thankfully another Dr. talked to me (the first one seemed to just be rushing us out even though her symptoms hadn't changed). They told me to bring her right back. By the time we got 1/2 mile down the road, she had thrown up again and was very hard to wake up. Needless to say, the flashers were on and I drove like crazy to Vandy. She stayed in critical care that night, her x rays weren't good but by the time the ultrasound lady came in (at this point it was almost 4 a.m.) to get a better look it had reversed itself again. She had several more spells the next day and her stool started actually having stool in it and not just blood, so things were looking better. We finally got to go home on Saturday. It was a scary time and there were lots of people praying for her. Jason said it best when he was praying over her while in the hospital, he said something like, "We know that 'it reversed itself' really means that You reversed it Lord." The scripture I have been reading over and over here lately was the perfect sword, it was all about anxiety, worry, and trusting in the Lord. I'm so thankful He is trustworthy. I'm so thankful He healed her and no surgery was required. I'm so thankful she's back to her bright eyed happy little self. I'm thankful for sisters and sister in laws, grandparents, and all of our family who was right there to help us with any and everything. And I missed Hudson so much, that's the longest I've been away from him. He stayed with Casey and had a blast. By the time the second night there though, he had a few tearful moments where he wanted his mommy! Mommy wanted him too! She said he would come up to her and say, "I need to go home and see my mommy then I will come back and play with you!" She would just distract him with something fun and they watched lion king 1 1/2 before bed so he wasn't thinking about his normal routine. Since they just moved back home he got to help Uncle Will put lots of things together so that was right up his alley!
Yesterday she had a follow up where there were more test results, our pediatrician is sure this was a reaction to the rotavirus vaccine. No more rotavirus vaccines in her future.
On a different note, she has a new record for bed time, last night: 11:15!!! And guess who couldn't fall asleep until after 1:00? I was wide awake, like, what do I do now? So I tossed and turned. Hopefully it won't take too long for me to fall asleep earlier because she seems to be more consistantly falling asleep towards 11:30/midnight :)
3 comments:
I am so glad she is doing better! It doesn't take long at Vandy to realize just how thankful you are for healthy kids!
I know that immunizations are a necessary thing but they scare me to death!
Great pics of happy kids!
Wow!! She looks like a baby Linda.
Lindsey that is terrifying what you went through. I'm so glad that she is better and I pray to God that "why" is all figured out. Poor little girl!
Post a Comment