Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Beds

Hollynn would not sleep in her bassinet and I didn't like it anyways, it wasn't very level. So we moved Hudson's crib into our room and he has a temporary bed in his room. We've ordered him a storage bed that should be here next week, I'm so excited because we need all the storage room we can get! It also has a bookshelf as the headboard.


Getting ready to go huntin' with Hoss. They've gone squirrel huntin' the past two Sunday afternoons and although haven't seen or killed anything, they seem to have a big time. Hudson spends his time picking up sticks and banging them on things, Dad just enjoys spending his time with Hudson.

Sweet Granny and Meemaw! Hollynn was great grandchild #15 for Granny and born 2 days after her birthday. She makes great grandchild #2 for Meemaw.

Loretta came to visit this past weekend and thinks she's going to teach Hollynn how to cheer one day, we'll have to see what Dad says about that one ;) She's gotta be a ball player with those long fingers!
I haven't talked much about the thing I was most scared of, the c section. It was so much better than I thought. I was much more relaxed than I thought I would be. Spent the whole morning praying and being excited. They ran right on time and the only time I wasn't with Jason was when they took me to the OR to get my spinal and get the room ready. It was freezing in there and I was getting nervous, so I sat there and shook while they did it. Then I went numb and they brought Jason in. They sat him right next to my head and made sure he had ate something for breakfast. They didn't want him to pass out like the guy in the OR room next to us! I told the nurse and my Dr. that I didn't want to know anything they were doing and the nurse said she was glad I said that because sometimes they say when they are making an incision, etc. So my Dr. and Jason talked about hunting (her husband hunts a lot) and I was distracted by that and we even cut up some, so it was pretty relaxed. The only thing they told me was that I would feel some pressure on my stomach, and I knew they were pushing her out, then they lifted her over the sheet and let me see her face for a split second. Jason went over to see her and take pics and I laid there and listened to her cry. The anestesiologist was at my head and saw the tears streaming down my cheeks so she stood there and wiped my face until they brought her over to me. All this in about 15 minutes. And 2 1/2 weeks later the recovery is going great. I didn't look at my incision until last week, Jason has been making sure it's okay. So the only thing that's really grossed me out is this innertube I'm carrying around! I already have my first few workouts planned and I'm counting down the days. So for now, I think c sections are great, I couldn't imagine laboring for hours and hours! And look at that sweet little thing that we got out of the deal! We were talking last night and couldn't imagine not having her!

No comments: