Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Praise the Lord!!

July 1, 2008, a day for our history books! My phone was ringing at 7:10, which if you know me well, you know I'm still snoozing! I looked at my phone, didn't recognize the number and rolled over only to hear the home phone ring. After the third call on my cell I listened to my voice mail. It was our social worker, Chris, I figured she was returning a message I had left her, no big deal. I rolled out of bed, called her back and she had a few questions for me! They had received a referral from Moscow, a little boy under 3. To say tears were streaming down my face is an understatement, I had been waiting on that call for almost 2 years! I called Jason and his response, "Are you serious? This is going to fast!" So fast? We've been waiting forever, but he's right, we have only been in the Russia program for 2 1/2 weeks! I called Chris back and told her "YES"!! I couldn't get in touch with Casey so I called Dad and then mom then Jason's mom and sister, everyone was so excited. Riding horses was a blur this morning, I was consumed with the thoughts that my son will soon have a face and I know where he is! God is so awesome!! I just praise Him for everything and we give Him all the glory!!

So what's next? We have to get some more paperwork turned into our agency and then it has to be sent to Russia before we can receive our son's information and pictures. Please pray this goes quickly and smoothly. They told us to expect to travel in August! WOW, that's soon! Our first trip will be 7-10 days and then we will come back home. Then they will give us the court date we have to be back over there which is usually 2-4 months after our first trip. This trip is 2-3 weeks and then Hudson Luke Carney comes home!! In the words of my crying mom, "So he'll be home for Christmas?" That's our hope!

You should have seen the girl's at the barn that had lessons today, those were some of the best hugs ever! They were so excited for me, I cannot wait to tell the others! Then my Granny was in tears tonight as we counted and Hudson will make her 13th great-grandchild, and in her eyes 13 is lucky b/c she and my grandfather were both born on Oct. 13th!

So my day started with tears and it's ending with tears! As I came in the house at 9:00 tonight, dirty, smelling like a horse, it was so refreshing to see my man. The one whose hand I've held for the past 5 years, the one whose brought many tears to my eyes when I think about a little boy running around the house yelling "Daddy"! We've waited on this and it's here, how sweet is this!! I turned my i-pod to the Judd's, Love Can Build a Bridge and we danced in the bedroom. So to you, Hudson Luke, "We'd gladly walk across the desert with no shoes upon our feet to share with you the last bite of bread we had to eat...because, son, love can build a bridge between your heart and our's...don't you think it's time!!"

7 comments:

Swindlegirl said...

Praise God! I am so happy for you both. You two will be great parents. I am adding you to my prayers as I write!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear your news and can't wait to see pictures!
Lisa & Tad Marinac

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the new parents to be.
I know you are full of Excitment
and Joy and the Love you want to give your new son Hudson.
With the love of God he can build bridges.
Still praying for you and wishing you the best.
Cindy G

Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy for you guys!! I cant wait to see pictures and meet him!! You guys had been waiting so long, and you of all people deserve it. We are all so excited for you, words cant describe the feeling. I wish you guys good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly!!!
Maddie

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
This is AWESOME! Spencer and I are so happy for you and Jason. I cannot wait to hear the details about your little boy. Congratulations!
Amy Hamlin :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you guys!It's definatley about time!You guys will make GREAT parents!!!Praise the Lord!!:)
Mackenzie M.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! Hallelujah!!!
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. We are so excited for the both of you, also we are excited about being a new uncle & aunt. Keep us posted at delisahayes@att.net
We Our Love & Prayers,
Marty and DeLisa