Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Russia

After much prayer Jason and I have decided to change countries. We are now adopting from Russia instead of Albania. I am very excited about this change. We had not felt settled about Albania but did not want to rush to make a decision but this is something we had been thinking about for a little while. The Albania program is taking about 3 years or so for a young healthy referral. Bethany does more older and special needs referrals out of Albania and are one of the last to get young healthy referral, which is something we didn't know when we started out. But would I do it over again? You bet, I experienced a wonderful trip to Albania and met some amazing people. I have friends that I met through this process that I hope to be in contact with for a long long time. And in the past year and a half God has not stopped growing me and opening my eyes, it's just time for us to go down a different road.

As far as Russia goes, the wait time is 6-8 months and they are needing families for the Russia program. We started our dossier today and it will be completed next Tuesday and mailed to Michigan. There is only one more family with a dossier submitted to the program we are going through, but there are 8 families in the process, so I'm hoping our dossier gets approved and translated quickly so we can be next in line. But we've waited this long, it's all in God's timing! With Russia, it seems like if you don't dot your I's correctly they will send your paperwork back, so please say a quick prayer that our paperwork will not have any hold up's or be sent back. Thank you all for your love and support!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and Jason. The two of you will make wonderful parents, and I think i will make a pretty good adopted aunt! I can hardly wait myself. Guess I better start looking for John Deer stuff for my new nephew!