Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday!

I don't know whether to cry or celebrate, he's getting so big! He's so excited about his birthday party this afternoon. We decided to do family only again this year. Maybe next year we'll have a party with some of his little friends. But our family provides about 30 people, which is plenty when you just got home from vacation! I'm attempting the birthday cakes this year. He wanted a blue cake so one cake is blue and then this morning I was making a 3 layer one as well and he decided on blue, green, and red. Of course there will be tractors on top of it as well as his requested M&M's!



All he can think about is his party, all I can think about is that there is no doubt a lady somewhere around the world who knows exactly what this day is as well. Will a birthday come for him that will not make me think of her all day? I don't know, but I know I'm so thankful for her and hope in some way she can celebrate the life that she gave to us, although I'm sure that would be a hard thing to do. If I could tell her about our little 3 year old man I would tell her that...He has endless amount of energy that cracks me up everyday (and sometimes makes me want to pull my hair out :) He is so smart and is doing great on his phonics and basic reading. He loves to build things. Even in a restraunt, when they give him crayons, he builds things instead of colors. He loves to sing and my favorite is when he makes up his own songs. He's rough and loves to wrestle, I wouldn't have it any other way :) He'd rather be outside on the tractor or 4 wheeler than anywhere else! He goes to the creek almost everyday with his Hoss which leaves us a muddy mess for the bathtub! He thinks his daddy hung the moon and they spend lots of nights looking at the moon and stars and talking about Jesus. He's a Mama's boy and melts my heart everyday when I get random kisses and "I love you's" and "Mom, please rub my back!" I'd tell her that by her choosing to give life, she gave us and so many of those around us, great great joy! Our cup definitely runneth over!



(If you haven't seen some of the Florida pics, be sure to scroll down to the next post.)



3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday big boy. You are growing up so fast and looking cuter everyday. Watch out ladies here he comes!
Melissa

Mayme said...

Happy Birthday Hudson!

Melissa and Bob said...

Happy Birthday Hudson!