Friday, July 9, 2010

Better Late than Never


Since Jason carried a gun around during VBS we have seen this face, hand signal, and head "pow" I don't know how many times!

In his class they all had a line that said "God made..." His was "God made Eve". I told him if he did a good job then I would let him have some gum. The first thing he said to me when I picked him up was, could he have his gum!






Jason played the part of deputy all week. Here he is wearing one of my show shirts, chaps, even my pink spurs, and my dad's wranglers. After this night he moved on to wearing my dad's old shirts. Not sure exactly what I thought about that!

Thanks Lisa for these pics!
I'm a horrible blogger, I know. VBS has been over for about a month and I'm just now getting to posting the pics!
I cannot believe Hudson will be 3 in about a month! He can stand up in the 3 ft. end of the pool and walk by himself! He is also going down the slide head first. Doing okay on swimming without his vest. I haven't been able to get to the pool like I thought. The heat has made me an even bigger sissy and I'm just not a fan of being nauseous all day!
I think one of his favorite things is to go to the garden in the afternoons with Jason and Hoss. He loves it and I have to get some pics because he gets his little hoe out and chops away right beside his Dad, it's too cute! Especially when he gets to grunting and carrying on! Speaking of garden, I am loving ours. So far we've been able to do all organic which is right up my alley and Meemaw has taught me how to put some things up for winter. I'm waiting on the tomatoes so that we can can them and hopefully make some salsa, too. We have a ton of squash and zucchini and by the end of the summer I'm sure I'll have come up with 1,000 ways to cook it!
I am now 6 1/2 months and the belly is growing! I go back next Friday for a third attempt to get some of her measurements. Hopefully they can get everything. The last two times she has been laying in a position that they can't see everything. We had a little scare last week but everything is okay. Turned out I had some nasty virus (plus a sinus infection) instead of being in pre term labor. But I'm glad they had me come in to check it out, it made me feel a lot better just knowing everything was okay. Jason ended up with the virus about the time I was getting over it. What's up with getting sick while pregnant!? I do not get sick, I've been to the Dr. 2 times in 7 years of marriage for being sick. Since I've been pregnant I've been sick more than I've been well!
For the 4th we went to some friends house and everything was great until the fireworks started! Let's just say Hudson HATES fireworks. Even going inside didn't help. We ended up going home and him crying when he heard them on the way home. Thankfully we were only a few miles from home and I let him sit in my lap because I don't know what he would have done had I put him down. He was shaking and screaming, not a pretty sight. Then once we got home he sat on me for at least 30 minutes and talked NON STOP! Jason and I ended up just laughing because he wouldn't stop. He'd be talking about a tractor and then in mid sentence tell how he did not like fireworks. Once Aunt Casey and Uncle Will showed up he was ready to get in the floor and play and things went back to normal. Let's just say we won't be watching any fireworks anytime soon!





No comments: